Wow, its been a while since I’ve written anything. Sometimes life gets in the way of our best intentions, and that’s ok. Between end of the semester projects, final exams, and kicking off my wedding season, it was hard to find any down time, and what little I did have was devoted to pajama coffee dates with my husband, snuggling with my pup, and eating all the ice cream (finals are stressful, it was a necessity to make it through them)! But now that summer is in full swing, I’m going to do my best to make sure I don’t let this blog die for months at a time (again).
And speaking of summer…
Living in Wisconsin, you really learn to take advantage of the few precious months of warm weather you’re allotted each year, and I plan do my best to make the most of them this year! Here’s what’s on my bucket list for this summer…
- Check out Lost Valley Cider Co. in Milwaukee’s Walker Point: I may be a little biased here because the owner’s are basically my second family, but even if they weren’t, I would be excited about this place. Its quirky, rustic, and rooted in the spirit of adventure, so basically its my ideal drinking spot.
- Shoot for Fun: While I absolutely LOVE shooting weddings, engagements, and all your other adventures, there’s something freeing about being able to shoot whatever I want, without any expectations or deadlines. I was looking through my photos from the last few months, and very few of them are personal photos. I used to shoot for fun all the time, and its something I definitely want to do more of this summer, even if that just means taking hundreds of pictures of my dog!
- Organize, minimize, and de-clutter: We moved back to Wisconsin almost two years ago, but there are still boxes in our garage that we haven’t unpacked, items that I set places “for now” that still haven’t found a permanent home, and lots and lots of just, well… stuff. One of my biggest goals for this summer is to finish reading The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up and then put those methods to use in my own house to create a space that feels more like a home.
- Hike, bike, travel, camp, and adventure: Ok, this isn’t really a summer only thing, since its kind of my everyday goal, but during the summer especially I want to make sure I’m trying to do something active and outside every single day that I can. I also have two big trips planned this summer that I’m super looking forward to! First I’m heading back to Hawaii by myself and I’m heading up to the U.P. with my entire family.
- Wine dates with my girlfriends: My husband has a pretty packed schedule this summer with all his required Army training, so that leaves me with a lot of “me” time, which I plan on spending with my favorite ladies, doing what we do best… Relaxing, chatting, and drinking (responsibly, of course!).
I’m sure I’ll come up with other things as the summer progresses, but this is my list for now. What’s on your to-do list this summer?